Monday, June 21, 2010

DAY 8 Sun 21 June

Woke up reasonably early this morning, more because of the light than anything else. In fact, even though I was in the middle of Maadi, it was much quieter than being out on the farm – no dogs barking, or donkeys braying – lol. And there wasn't much in the way of traffic that I could hear either, whether because it is pretty well sound proofed or there wasn't much or the room was away from the traffic, I'm not sure.
Spent the morning talking to Susan before Mohamed turned up to pick me up. We had a couple of stops along the way on the way home – the first was for Mohamed to pick up some tubes so that they could do a blood test for Figgy. The second was at the train station so he could pick up some tickets to Alexandria. It was a good place for people watching while waiting – from the guy shining shoes to the people walking up and down the road, and hopping in and out of buses.
Once back at the farm I felt pretty bleuch – Pharaoh's curse – something from dinner last night obviously didn't agree with me. And to top it off, it was stinking hot, and the haze was really bad – a lot of dust and pollution in the air. So I spent most of the afternoon hiding inside reading or dozing. Figgy still appears to be doing well.
I crashed for the night over in Maryanne's house on the dog bed – under the airconditioning – at least that helped to keep it slightly cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment